Floor heating and HAS
Until the dry contact capability of SunTouch’s programmable thermostats came along, there was no way to control a floor heating system with a home automation system. But even with a dry contact connection, customers couldn’t enable full control and integration with their HAS beyond bypassing the ‘Auto’ mode to hold a temperature for a specified amount of time.
More and more customers expressed interest in fully integrating their floor heating system with their HAS beyond a dry contact connection. Nuheat responded to this growing demand, working with Nest Systems to make their SIGNATURE Wi-Fi thermostat compatible with the Nest Home Automation System. SIGNATURE is the first Wi-Fi thermostat in North America to have not only Wi-Fi capabilities but also full home automation integration.
Since then, a third-party solutions provider called annex⁴ has developed a driver that makes the SIGNATURE thermostat compatible with the Control4 automation system as well. This article will explain how to integrate the SIGNATURE thermostat with the Control4 system. To learn more about using the SIGNATURE with a Nest System, click here to visit our Nest article.
Connecting the SIGNATURE to a Control4 system
The official Nuheat SIGNATURE driver developed by annex⁴ allows homes with the Control4 system to control multiple SIGNATURE thermostats in real time. Now users can make changes from any Nuheat or Control4 interface and get immediate feedback across all platforms. With the SIGNATURE and this driver you can:
- Change the floor heating temperature instantaneously
- Modify or set the heating schedule
- Simultaneously turn ‘Away’ mode on or off for one or more thermostats (Note: Does not turn the stat completely off or on, but instead toggles between ‘Home’ and ‘Away’ modes)
SIGNATURE installs with a simple drag-and-drop method: just enter your Nuheat credentials to get started. The thermostat integrates the annex⁴ LiNK for easy driver updates, events, and logs.
While SIGNATURE’s app and web portal make control easy from your phone, tablet, or computer, the Control4 integration is the first – and currently, the only – connection to a true HAS for any floor heating thermostat.
Nuheat SIGNATURE Features:
- Works with NEST, Alexa, Google Assistant and other home automation systems
- Control4 compatible
- Touchscreen display: 3.5” backlit with dimmable brightness
- Programmable functions: adaptive 7-day settings with floor sensor and air sensor modes
- Wi-Fi enabled: easily connects to your home’s network
- Safety features: UL-approved 15 amp Class A GFCI protection built in for 120V and 240V
- Daily, weekly, and monthly energy use monitoring
- Easy setup wizard: gets you started whether it’s a new install or an upgrade
- Weather forecast: displays up-to-date outdoor temperature
- Three-year manufacturer warranty
Installation and support for the driver
- annex⁴ is a Canada-based company providing software solutions for the automation industry. The LiNK portal provides integration of automation system enhancements as well as system monitoring and usage information.
- Try it free for 21 days, with option to purchase for $125 through the annex⁴ LiNK website
- For support and installation inquiries, please contact annex⁴ at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-9ANNEX4 (926-6394)